Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Welcome to the water's edge

Hello little blog.

I confess. I'm not much of a swimmer, which is bad considering I live on the island-like continent of Australia. But perhaps it's apt to start out calling this blog 'The Water's Edge'.

Sometimes you don't know where you're going until you make a start. Both fear and wonder hold you at the edge of a vast ocean. And even when you commit to taking the plunge you're bound to find something unexpected - new twists, new turns. The wonder that kids have in abundance and the desire to follow it is sometimes lacking in adults. But we can reconnect with our childlike wonder by thinking back to who we once were and examining the world the next generation is faced with.

This blog is a place for me to navigate my thoughts with regard to the world of kidlit - both writing and the illustrations that often accompany them - as well as education and the journey children go through from infancy and beyond. This work in progress will likely change the further along it goes, as all things do.

Hope I get to meet some new friends along the way. My next post will be for this week's instalment for 'Poetry Friday'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry Friday: The other new year

You know it's been awhile when you almost forget the name of your blog! I don't know where the time has gone. This month was, ...