Friday, May 4, 2018

Poetry Friday



From the Mouths of Babes

Belly
Bird
Yummy (too)
Wow
Momma
Vroom Vroom
No 
Bear
Uh oh 
Moo

These are the words
I say to you.

- © e.mauger

After discovering Poetry Friday I was excited that for at least one day of the week I'd have a guaranteed topic. For those of you who aren't familiar you can find more information here from the No Water River blog. April was National Poetry month and many clever poets came up with projects to busy themselves with. Over at Poem Farm, Amy VanDerwater spent the last month writing about the constellation Orion in 30 different ways. I wanted to try my hand at something so I just chose the first form on her list, which incidentally is a list poem!

I fought with topics like the weather, but after re-reading some words I scribbled down earlier today I realised that they had a certain rhythm to them. I wanted to do an inventory of some of the words my two-year-old says. He was born a few months early, and because of the higher risk of developmental delays for prems I've become more interested generally in early childhood education and issues around speech and language. More about that later on this blog - probably.

Anywho, this Friday's roundup is being hosted by Brenda over at Friendly Fairy Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poetry Friday: The other new year

You know it's been awhile when you almost forget the name of your blog! I don't know where the time has gone. This month was, ...